Thursday 11 October 2012

Sometimes, Envisioning the End Result Helps One Achieve a Goal


Often, when I'm feeling lazy or discouraged about a project, personal or otherwise, I just 'stop' and all progress grinds to a halt. That's when the T.V. remote appears in my hand and a few hours consequently spent watching shows I have already seen.

It's a difficult feeling to shake. At those times I need to be inspired and motivated to get back to work and one of the most effective ways of giving myself the kick-up-up-the-backside I need is to re-visit my reasons for pursuing whatever goal it is I'm after.

I then imagine just how wonderful it will be once I have achieved my goal and am living it, every day of the rest of my life. The longer I image it the more I'm enthused with that powerful force - motivation.

Or failing that, I'll watch Rocky 1!

Peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Wordpress Gadgets